Author Topic: Scott Pilgrim VS The World  (Read 1569 times)

Offline Harkodos

• View Profile
Scott Pilgrim VS The World
« on: August 20, 2010, 03:41:47 pm »
I just came back from my second sit-through of what is now my absolute-favorite movie of all time, and I had a blast!

Man I love this movie so much, and I thought I'd just come and urge as many of my buds on the Dune 2: The Golden Path Forums as I could to go see this film.

It's Awesome! It has Romance, Action, and Comedy. It's like the Perfect Movie.

Of course, you're free to go see it at your own leisure, but I still emplore anyone and everyone to go see this movie in theaters.

Scott Pilgrim VS The World. It's Awesome Incarnate.

-End Broadcast.

Offline Drackbolt

• Maker
  • Administrator
  • Well then.
    • View Profile
    • Krizik.com
Re: Scott Pilgrim VS The World
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2010, 01:48:07 pm »
How do you react to the general criticism that romance doesn't really play a part at all, because the girl is only a superficial character?  I haven't seen it yet so I'm curious.
Creator/Programmer - Dune 2: TGP

Offline TheRaffy

• Resident Half-Troll
    • View Profile
    • Canopus
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2010, 04:10:52 pm »
Looks like a Teenagermovie, im not interested in this one.
I prefer watching stuff like this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDh0Cvsw9Jk

Offline Harkodos

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2010, 06:19:45 pm »
How do you react to the general criticism that romance doesn't really play a part at all, because the girl is only a superficial character?  I haven't seen it yet so I'm curious.

The basic rundown of the movie is 22-year old boy goes out with high schooler girl, but then he has a dream involving a different girl, and when he runs into her in real life, he falls in love, and he attempts to date her while completely forgetting about his current girlfriend. This eventually escallades to him having to fight his new girlfriend's 7 evil-exes in order for him to keep dating her. Basically, it's a journey about change and about growing up; all the while getting to listen to some pretty epic music, and see some pretty outrageous fight scenes.

At first glance, the movie does look a bit confusing and not for anyone, but once you actually sit down and watch it, I can almost guarantee that you'll enjoy the experience.

Plus the pace and the quirkiness of the movie are just too enthralling to overlook. I think that this is perhaps the only movie that I've gone to see twice while it's still in theaters in the last 10 years.

EDIT-

Basically, if you like movies like 'Shaun of the Dead' and 'Hot Fuzz', then you'll love this movie.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 06:24:33 pm by Harkodos »

Dune 2: The Golden Path Forum

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2010, 06:19:45 pm »