Author Topic: DuneCraft plugin  (Read 2583 times)

Offline gusstuff

• View Profile
DuneCraft plugin
« on: March 04, 2012, 02:08:00 am »

Dune Plugin

This thread is about the Dune plugin that I am making for the Dune 2 minecraft server. Post any suggestions and questions you have on this thread. Dune plugin 1.2 is now released.

Please link to this page instead of a direct link to the download.

What the plugin does:

• Direct sun causes damage over time, which is stopped by Leather Armor in proportion to how much you are wearing.
  • Replace hunger with thirst.
  • Water bottles can now refill your hunger bar
  • All food (except cake) refills your health bar
  • Rain and Snow causes you damage if you are not in a shelter and makes you *blind (alters render distance)
  • Cati now drop wood 1 out of every 4 you cut down
  • Peaceful animals (pigs, cow, sheep, chicken, wolf) now only spawn at night and die when the sun rises
  • Stores that you can buy and sell items with
  • Permissions

*The plugin does this by adding a potion effect to the player. The potion effect is called Blindness and is in vanilla minecraft but isn't used.

To do:
  • Fix eating
  • Add factions
  • More bug fixes

Install

Just place in the plugin folder, run the server and then edit the config.yml and then restart the server. (also give me dune.developer permissions so I can make sure it is running properly and find bugs)

Download

Dune Plugin ver 1.2 http://www.mediafire.com/?ob7bskw1sn9so9c

Dune Plugin ver 1.0.1 http://www.mediafire.com/?dwd315rd81e1g3m

Dune Plugin ver 1.0: http://www.mediafire.com/?nvktd5l3vx4z0i2

Change Log

• Temporary fix for eating food
  • Lots of bug fixes
  • Added blindness to "sandstorms"
  • Now works with 1.2.3-R0.2 Bukkit Servers

• Fixed bug with 1.1-R6 Bukkit Servers

• Added sun damage.
  • Replaced hunger with thirst.
  • Water bottles can now refill your hunger bar
  • All food (except cake) refills your health bar
  • Rain and Snow causes you damage if you are not in a shelter (Sandstorm)
  • Cati sometimes drop wood
  • Peaceful animals now only spawn at night
  • Added stores
  • Added permissions
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 04:48:35 am by gusstuff »

Offline gusstuff

• View Profile
Re: DuneCraft plugin
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2012, 02:09:37 am »
A note about animals: is there any way to get them to spawn at night instead of day, so they don't just burn up?
If not, we'll need to find some other way for players to get leather.  If so, we'll need to mod the animals into more appropriate things for Dune.

Yes I can mod it so animals can only spawn at night but you can't change the way the animals look from the server but it is really easy in a client mod to do that. If you remember I created a mod  that changed what creepers look like, I can do that for all animals as well. What would you think the other animals should be?

Because snow is spice, if you retextured snow storms and rain to be the same and thicker you could use that as a sand storm. I could also then stop it from raining and snowing and only make it rain or snow at certain times. But I think my smoke idea might look cool. This is the only way at the moment because emitting enough particles (smoke) to lower visibility causes massive server lag. I made this to see what it might look like if snow and rain was retextured:
Download:http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/684/rainv.png/

You can lower the render distance of the player by adding a potion effect to the player. The potion effect is called Blindness and is in vanilla minecraft but isn't used.

Screen Shot

Drackbolt what do you think about Stores that you can buy stuff from. Added stores, you can create the store by putting a sign down with this on it:
[Dune Store]
"Item";"ItemID"
Buy;"Amount";"Price"
Sell;"Amount";"Price"
and then an admin would enable it by right clicking on it with a certain item, like a book. To buy something you would right click on the sign with a snow ball (spice) and to sell something you would right click on the sign with the item the sign is selling.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 04:57:17 am by gusstuff »

Offline excal

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2012, 02:02:48 pm »
This all sounds really cool.  Thanks for your hard work and I look forward to seeing it in action!  8)

Offline Drackbolt

• Maker
  • Administrator
  • Well then.
    • View Profile
    • Krizik.com
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2012, 11:01:33 pm »
Hey, amazing work gusstuff!  I've been out of town this weekend in New York and pretty busy catching up, but I'll take a closer look later this week!

Cheers
Creator/Programmer - Dune 2: TGP

Offline gusstuff

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2012, 12:01:26 am »
What do you think about adding factions or Houses that players could join and then would have special perks? e.g. if you were fremen being in the open desert wouldn't do as much damage as a player would get in another faction.

Offline Esponage1

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2012, 04:10:42 am »
Gusstuff that would be a great idea.

Ordos would get a reduction by 10% in shops as they are a trading cartel.

Harkonnen could get bonus weapon damage as they focus on that sort of thing.

Atredies could get extra armour as they have those personal shields (fron the Dune movie).

Offline gusstuff

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2012, 04:46:09 am »
Gusstuff that would be a great idea.

Ordos would get a reduction by 10% in shops as they are a trading cartel.

Harkonnen could get bonus weapon damage as they focus on that sort of thing.

Atredies could get extra armour as they have those personal shields (fron the Dune movie).

Thanks that sounds exactly what I was thinking the other houses perks should be.  ;) If you have anymore ideas please post them. I will start working on that for ver 1.3 but of cause it will be up to drackbolt to put it on the server.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 04:54:00 am by gusstuff »

Offline Drackbolt

• Maker
  • Administrator
  • Well then.
    • View Profile
    • Krizik.com
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2012, 11:20:35 pm »
Hey gusstuff, I've been looking at this and it looks like you really know your stuff around the Minecraft world... want to take over running the server??  I would love it if someone else could just take the reigns.  I'll keep paying the bills on it and you can handle the mods and keeping everything running.  Thoughts?

Offline gusstuff

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2012, 11:57:10 pm »
Hey gusstuff, I've been looking at this and it looks like you really know your stuff around the Minecraft world... want to take over running the server??  I would love it if someone else could just take the reigns.  I'll keep paying the bills on it and you can handle the mods and keeping everything running.  Thoughts?

That would be amazing. I would love to! It would make it much easier to add some really cool stuff, test the plugin and get everything working. I've got some really good ideas for the server. How would this work though?

Offline Drackbolt

• Maker
  • Administrator
  • Well then.
    • View Profile
    • Krizik.com
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2012, 12:06:12 am »
Simple, I give you access to the TCAdmin site.  I'll email/pm you.

Offline gusstuff

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2012, 12:12:28 am »
Simple, I give you access to the TCAdmin site.  I'll email/pm you.

Cool  :)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 12:18:59 am by gusstuff »

Dune 2: The Golden Path Forum

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2012, 12:12:28 am »