Author Topic: Google & Adsense - Do i qualify  (Read 1915 times)

Offline SandFly

• Donator
  • Advertisment: forums.openvpn.net
    • View Profile
    • Dune2 The Golden Path on Facebook
Google & Adsense - Do i qualify
« on: November 28, 2011, 10:22:09 am »
Hi,

Youtube have been pressing me to join their advertising system but having read their guidelines on content I doubt that my pathetic little channel would actually get approval as I dont technically own the copyright of the content.  So far all I have is a few videos of D2TGP and Backyard Monsters (Kixeye).

According to Youtube I have to have written permission from the copyright owner to monetize videos with gaming footage.

To save myself some time getting to the bottom line of this enquiry I thought I would ask here as I know this site uses google ads .. and I wondered if I could get a quick answer .. Do you think I would qualify with just screen captures of D2TGP or not.

Thanks guys & girls .. all the best  :)

Offline Drackbolt

• Maker
  • Administrator
  • Well then.
    • View Profile
    • Krizik.com
Re: Google & Adsense - Do i qualify
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2011, 10:03:02 pm »
Hey there,

Keep in mind I'm not the ultimate copyright holder to this intellectual property... that honor goes to whoever owns the Dune 2 license, which I believe is currently Electronic Arts.  So I'm not sure how that would extend to you, but I might be wary of it.  If you own a copy of the Dune 2 game (as you are legally required to download and play my game), then I'd say you're ok, but I'm not an expert on it.

Cheers
Creator/Programmer - Dune 2: TGP

Offline SandFly

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2011, 10:23:27 pm »
hi Drackbolt :)

i realise you are not the copyright owner of dune2 but i thought maybe dune2online (on youtube) was in the adsense program so just thought i would ask if you had any info that would help me, no prob tho. 

as for youtube .. i would be making pennies a month !  so i either get out with the video cam and get lucky or start making some videos of something else that i do own the copyright to .. has any one seen those "spider vs wasp" videos on youtube ?   OMG .. nature is EVIL !

as it goes i do own a copy of dune2 altho i lost the manual so technically i play a downloaded (legal) version which has been cracked .. altho i must admit i havent played the original for years now and would be hard pressed to find my CD but i do have a dune2k CD handy does that cover it or should i really find my original dune2 ?

all the best

Offline frontliner

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2011, 04:43:36 am »
hi Drackbolt :)

i realise you are not the copyright owner of dune2 but i thought maybe dune2online (on youtube) was in the adsense program so just thought i would ask if you had any info that would help me, no prob tho. 

as for youtube .. i would be making pennies a month !  so i either get out with the video cam and get lucky or start making some videos of something else that i do own the copyright to .. has any one seen those "spider vs wasp" videos on youtube ?   OMG .. nature is EVIL !

as it goes i do own a copy of dune2 altho i lost the manual so technically i play a downloaded (legal) version which has been cracked .. altho i must admit i havent played the original for years now and would be hard pressed to find my CD but i do have a dune2k CD handy does that cover it or should i really find my original dune2 ?

all the best

If you make your own videos with a camera and do some crazy shit you could go viral. Just go CRAZY man and you'll be rich!!

Offline SandFly

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2013, 11:36:15 pm »
Rich  ;D Rich  ;D Rich  ;D Rich  ;D Rich  ;D Rich  ;D Rich  ;D Rich  ;D Rich  ;D Rich  ;D Rich  ;D Rich  ;D Rich  ;D Rich  ;D Rich  ;D Rich  ;D Rich  ;D Rich  ;D Rich  ;D Rich  ;D Rich  ;D Rich  ;D

like this guy

http://youtu.be/O5jo9P4-gH4

Dune 2: The Golden Path Forum

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2013, 11:36:15 pm »