This game's been out a long time, and there are many veteran players who are well familiar with the pros and cons of all units. However, Foot units don't receive their fair share of usage in most cases. As some of you know, I don't revisit this project for the most part except to make minor balance changes, but in this case I'm curious enough to consider an exception.
* very cheap and fast to build
* counter tanks hard by being small and forcing them to waste their damage potential
* do extra damage to buildings and don't show up on radar, making great sneak-attack units
* plug up holes and swarm enemies to hold them in place
* still relatively cheap
* faster and tougher than Infantry with higher range and damage
* high density of firepower
* same ability to take down buildings and make back-door attacks
* Slightly less hard-counter and more general purpose
* as with Infantry, but don't do extra damage to buildings; instead do massive extra damage to other Foot units of all kinds
* fastest Foot unit available
* More accentuated version of Troopers; higher stats in most areas, and more expensive
* Identical to Infantry, but do phenomenal damage to Buildings and have higher vision
* Much more expensive but able to take most buildings quickly single-handedly, and can hide in Infantry ranks
It seems to me that they all have good use cases and should show up in more games on a per-credit basis. However it's not the case, and I'm starting to wonder if the reason is not because of their balance and utility, but in their implementation. Did I make a mistake and over-complicate them by allowing single infantry to jump around into different cells? I love how it looks personally, but is it annoying for most players to manage to the point where it deters the use of Foot units in general?